View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 07:57 AM   #75
Nitro66215

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert - M6,SIM,CFW,NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcwardog View Post
I went ahead and swapped out my own fabbed harness with a plug and play version from the pros in Las Vegas! While they are still working to ensure that their sourced plugs mate precisely with the factory jacks in the LED Dimmer Switch and in the HUD Switch, the function is correct. Being an old-school retrofitter, I was able to use a belt sander and a razor blade to trim the LED plug in their harness a bit to fit. Interesting that the plug fit perfectly into the jack on their harness, but that same plug was too tall for the opening in the LED Dimmer Switch itself.

Having swapped over, I now believe that the fault in my own harness was an incomplete soldering of the two wires running into the ground wire leading into the cluster. Everything worked when I applied a bit of tension to that part of the harness so it was not an error in the wiring diagram itself.

Bottom line - a very nice upgrade when done along with the uplevel cluster. My insurance company says my car is an “LT1/1SS” so might as well get what I wanted from that trim level into my LT1 car!
NICE!
2018 2SS Vert - Hot Wheels - Indy 500 #30

2017 ZL1 Vert - M6 , SIM, CFW, NAV

2017 RS 1LT 2.0T Vert - A8, Garnet Red - SOLD :-(
Added - IO6 - NAV, UHS - Enhanced Display, K4C - Wireless Charger, UV6 -
Heads-Up Display - DIY

2011 CTS-V - Black / Black - SOLD. :-(
2013 ZL1 - Black / Black - SOLD. :-(
2010 2SS - Indy 500 Pace Car. - SOLD. :-(
2002 Z28 - Pewter / Black - SOLD. :-(
Nitro66215 is offline   Reply With Quote