View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 09:59 AM   #24
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasbagoat View Post
Why is it exactly that you want to take it up a tier? This is the most important question to answer honestly.

The GS is what? A half a second faster than the SS1LE with a professional driver? So the reasons here are the cool factory and the status factor, but this comes with a lot of added costs when you go this route.

The ZLE is wayyyyy faster, and with way faster comes exponentially higher consumable costs. So if your goal to just to have a faster car? It doesnt quite have the status that a GS does and to people who dont track can even look a bit absurd. Did i mention the increase in consumable costs for a car this much faster?

So answer the questions of what you what. Status symbol, cool car, better track car, more track time.

If it were me i would be looking at paying the SS1LE off or increasing my track budget so I can hit more events, but my goals are to be a better driver and hit more events. I have only been hitting the track for 3 years and I know I have a long ways to go with my personal driving improvement and seat time before I could take full of advantage of car like the ZLE. There is the I want it because I can, and in my big power street cars days i would have gone for that but it just isnt me now.
^^^ best post in this thread (imo).
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote