View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 08:00 PM   #33
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
The other big news is that once again, my car got hit in a parking lot FOR THE SIXTH EFFING TIME!!! It was a friend so we decided that I'm just going to make the repair myself. Luckily the impact didn't break the bumper and just ground through the paint and left a lot of white from his car. The bumper also had a bunch of rock chips and a few other scratches through the paint so its about that time for a refresh anyway.

Went to the local paint store for 2 spray cans of nightfall grey metallic. For reference purposes the paint code is G7Q or WA139X. This paint color was used on a ton of other cars but with different names such as "son of a gun grey" or "watkins glen grey" to name a few. Its also an excuse to try out one of the harbor freight spray guns. For $15 its worth a shot. Some other supplies include mixing cups, assorted sand paper, spot putty, and snack attack wally world "pringles".

It is a very in depth job at removing this thing! There's about 20 something bolts holding the bumper on with about as many clips holding the 2 grills in place. A drill with a 1/4 socket adapter with some long swivel extensions makes the job go a lot smoother. There's a vid made by lethal camaro on youtube that helped significantly.

My poor car! The world is a harsh place.

Last edited by turbojeep95; 05-12-2019 at 08:13 PM.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote