View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 05:41 AM   #27
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
It sounds like COST is a big factor for you OP. If so, I’d recommend you try the SC3 tires that come on the regular ZL1 instead of the 3R’s. There are guys on here who use up a new set of 3Rs in a single track day. The SC3s are plenty of tire for novice to intermediate track rat. I had 4 track days with multiple sessions each day on my new SC3s and I still have plenty of tread left and no uneven wear. There isn’t much performance difference between the two tires until you are very good on the track. Edit: And I definitely would not go to the track with the Continental street tires. You won’t get within a mile of the car’s track capability with those tires.

I went on the OEM alignment and have no issues there either. Maybe I just got lucky. In stock form with just minor bolt ons my car put down better times than 90% of the cars running out there.

Your car will very likely be more capable than you are able to push it at first. That’s no disrespect, that’s just how capable these cars are. Personally I think you are wasting money to upgrade the suspension at this time, until you have enough seat time to know how capable you are of maxing then performance of the car in stock form. It’s quite good right out of the box.

In retrospect, I am glad that I got to know my car on the track in stock form first. It allowed me to better gauge where I wanted to spend money later to make improvements. The only suspension mod I plan to make now is the BMR cradle lockout kit. Performance wise I’m doing e60, bolt ons (intake and exhaust) and coolant reservoir for cooling. I’ll re-align when needed but hasnt happened yet.

Good luck.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50

Last edited by CW3SF; 01-28-2021 at 06:55 AM.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote