View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 05:49 AM   #93
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
[QUOTE=ember1205;10943183]Convertible season in Florida is no different than most other places. You get a few months out of the year where the top can be down pretty much every day. But, rain is frequent, and no one wants the top down when the temps are over 90 with humidity at the same level. I frequently travel to FL for work (when I travel) and am 'upgraded' to a convertible rental a large portion of the time because no one wants them (it's simply too hot for most of the summer in South FL).

This is definitely true. When I first moved to South Florida 12 years ago I went out and bought a new Miata. Convertible and RWD- I would have never even thought about in New England where I lived my previous entire life. At first the top was down so much- it was a new thing. Then my face started to burn really bad. (I was not used to applying sun block that much being from the north). Top down lasted about 6 months- after getting burned too much and leaving the top down while I went in a store for a few minutes in rainy season and the interior almost got completely drenched. Torrential rain storms come up really fast out of no where.

Now with my convertibles the top is down on the really nice days only- winter afternoons when it warms up in the 80's. And in the summer mornings and evenings only when the sun is not so scorching. I do drive with the windows down and top up a LOT though. Top up just for shade.

Fl is nice and I love it although while up north you have to deal with the cold and have the road salt to destroy your cars. Here it's the brutal hot sun to burn the paint off your car and heavy summer rains. Always looking for shade when I park- and I have a storage unit for the third vehicle- just to keep it out of the sun when parked. There's no perfect place......