View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 07:33 AM   #85
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ademarco View Post
I saw a used ZL1 1LE at a local Toyota dealer and they brought up the no haggle price and they weren’t negotiating. I bought a new SS 1LE and then about 2 weeks later they asked if I was still interested in the car with a $2k price drop. I would have bought it if they negotiated, but their loss and I am sure someone will pick it up since it is a 1LE.
Toyota has instituted a policy in the last five years or so where they decide what the bottom-line negotiated price is for a new Toyota and that's it. They show you sticker, then when you ask about negotiating, they pull out the second price and they're done. I was in a dealer a short while back to try and negotiate a price on a demo Highlander. I started with a reasonable final price and subtracted $.25/mile from what was on the odometer. They laughed. I briefly explained that they would to the exact same to me if I were turning in a lease that was over on mileage, so I felt it was reasonable. I asked what their counter offer was and they went back to their fixed price. I stood up and walked out. The sales person sat there with their jaw open watching me leave and couldn't believe it when they called two days later and I told them that I went next door and negotiated a deal on a Subaru (exactly as I had told them I was going to do).

It absolutely amazes me how far turned up some dealers have their noses.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote