View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 12:43 AM   #84
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
GMG, i had mentioned this before: if i were you and since laptimes are your obvious focus, i would seriously consider ZLE DSSV suspension (on sale now, see link).

This would lower your car, give you many benefits of coilovers design and Trans Am tested racing solution from one of the top shelf pro racing houses on the planet. Zero guessing here.

Sure, your DD ride quality would suffer, but then again id imagine tons of ZLEs never see a race track and folks do street those cars successfully.

Not only this, but this would position you perfectly for another future go faster mod: aero (which requires much stiffer springs and shocks to go with them).

For the price of all the parts that you are being recommended to purchase (more or less), you can do a wholesale, complete and proven suspension upgrade designed for the car. Plus position for the future. Food for thought.

https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/84352121.html
Yes that’s a good point, I am considering it but by far my biggest fear is the ride quality.

Having said that I pretty much only drive my car on the highway now and I imagine I wouldn’t feel much on those smooth flat surfaces.

I will definitely seriously consider this, I really like the idea of taking the guesswork out of it

FYI SPL says their parts are primarily designed for the ZL11LE, so theoretically there parts should be upgrades for this car as well