View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 01:48 PM   #40
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
yeah definitely bolt up first. I looked at the website and they do some pretty hi end stuff.

Its not like "no one" can do a good job for ya. Yes the tables. It is really not intuitive, anything other than the most obvious stuff, spark is easy, air - you want to make sure your MAF calibration is spot on. Other than that it seems like witches brew, I think everyone has their own thing whether it matters or not I couldn't say.

The main take away is Pros know that there are algorithms that are invisible, and probably will work within what they know. Some tables are just bizzare. RPM Limited Commanded Torque vs RPM Error and Cylinder Air for Predicted Torque? Frigging 3rd level quadratics? 4 Dimensional curves, Really?? Why doesn't the button just read, Move this higher to reduce Axle torque limiter during shift transients??? That's the challenge. You just don't know the hieroglyphics until you get in there and alter it and measure. There are dozens of these tables. It is Very time consuming to unravel all there might be to know about.

I personally think many tune sellers don't go that far into it, to figuring out some of this stuff, or else can't or won't offer those edits to you. They know there are limiters in play, and will go to a certain point and stop before you need advanced time-consuming edits. I'm talking about email tunes mostly.

But you really don't have to know rocket science to get a good boost. It is easy to put the reserve boost into play, that's the part where your at high altitude and the un-tuned car will feel relatively normal cause it will pull more boost to compensate across all types of atmospheres. But if you set your ECU to use All of the boost in your demanded Torque tables All the time now, as in a canned tune (all tunes), then you Will notice that performance isn't what you got used to on those Hot days and High DA.

Cause your using the reserve all the time now. You get used to the power, but there's no buffer for the engine to draw on for those bad atmosphere days. So its more noticeable on tuned engines on hot days. But so what, it cools down at night and half the year for some of us. I mean its not like your gonna be worse off, its just noticeable.

If you follow racing, they always bitch about high DAs. It affects this engine quite a bit. That's a likely reason someone complains about a tune result, they dropped the tune file in July, and on super Hot humid days performance does trail off a bit. That's why the drag strip is a parking lot in the Fall. Everyone is after the low DAs to pull the good time slips. Check the Drag threads in here and time stamps on those slips. Oct/Nov late in the day. Mine included.

I do a lot of my own tweaking for better or worse and haven't broken anything yet. Its a hobby and a very very difficult puzzle to work on over time. But I have found some good edits that probably, not many people know about.

Oh on my soap box lol, sorry. Make sure you get a copy of your Tune files. HP tuners is good, you can have a record and then someone else can work with the file later if you moved or something.

More or less preaching to the choir. just my 2cents.

W.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote