View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 01:00 AM   #30
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by i4heavychevy View Post
ok so i decided to flash back the stock tune, then reload the trifecta tune. must have been some type of error during the first upload (even though it said it was complete) so there is some gains now that I see. not sure what happened with the first upload. either way im going to run a data log and send it over to them to to make sure all is well on the tune. it does have gains. i noticed one thing that maybe you guys can help me with... this happens only some times not all the time......so when i come to a faster than normal stop it seems to not downshift fast enough. if i were to describe what happens i would say it stays in 3rd all the way down until it kinda bogs out at 500 rpm then suddenly downshifts into second or first and idels down normally after that. after the rpm "bounces off the 500 rpm marker it goes up to about 1100 and then idles out smoothly.

as for what i said about not feeling gains i retract those comments it was simply not loaded Properly. it does have noticeable gains but now has that one random shifting issue.

so to clear things up because maybe they didnt understand my question. trifecta can tune to a larger turbo?
Yes, they can. Preferably, their in-house T40 Turbo they source from a German company specifically for our car called Mach5. These turbos have a larger compressor and turbine wheel in a milled out stock housing.

The only thing I can think of as to why they wouldn't remote tune a different turbo or larger turbo, is the possibility of blowing up your engine especially on stock rods and pistons. Also, I'm no Wook Wook, but I'd imagine trying to do the initial full pulls on a stock tune or even their canned tune with a way larger turbo would be catastrophic. It would probably be a nightmare going back and forth a million times trying to get it right remotely. I'm not saying it can't be done, just sketchy doing it remotely and not in-person on their dyno.

They are not new to high hp ecotec engines. The owner Vince, has a 500hp 2.0T Camaro in the shop with a bunch of one off custom made parts and an EFR 7670 turbo.

What are your hp goals? What are you wanting to do with the car? Drag race? Auto-X? Track night? Street racing?
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance

Last edited by Start The Machine; 10-16-2020 at 01:12 AM.
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote