View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 09:21 AM   #76
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Nothing is sacred. While we have a rich history in the Camaro and various trims, we’ve added and revised a lot of trims and their meanings throughout Camaro history. When the Camaro came out, the SS was an attainable street performer that could be bought within one’s annual salary, even at a young age. The performance and price of a Camaro SS now exceed most budgets without saving for a while. Times have changed, and so has the car, but GM still needs to appeal to young, performance-minded buyers. How do they do it? They need to introduce sporty, inexpensive cars with their own story at the entry level. The SS will still compete with GT and R/T competitors, but GM needs to come up with a product that fights these cheap imports, otherwise young buyers will end up driving sporty Civics.
You have to understand that the V8 is not the future any longer. So that much N/A power you're going to have to pay. The new thing is S/C'd or twin turbo V6. Decent numbers at an affordable price. But no roar like a V8. I can see Chevy renaming or eliminating the Camaro one again cause times are changing. You can't keep building 5th gens lol and as you change body styles, it begins to transform into something not associated with the car any longer. I like the front end of the 6th gen however it's not something I'd own...

As a poster said? Bring back the Malibu "chevelle" and Chevy would win again. I'd say either a 67 or 70 would turn heads regardless of either retro design. I prefer the 67 but the ultimate muscle car is the 70 chevelle LS6...

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote