View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 09:15 PM   #2
WspoonSS

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6low View Post
I recently installed the power wedge a few days ago. I have NOT put it on a dyno. There is a noticeable difference, my car is completely stock except for a wicker bill.

First thing I noticed was the throttle felt like it had a tighter response, like there is less lag. It wasn't a huge change, but it did strike me the moment I started to drive around.

Second was the gas mileage. It definitely improved without a doubt. I've always drove around messing with the MPG calculator on the dash, always resetting it and seeing how it behaves on different sections of road at various speeds. It was obvious the car's mpg changed as the dash was visibly struggling to find an accurate reading, more so than before the install. I can honestly say there's an average of 1-2 mpg increase across the board. I've set the cruise to 60 mph on the highway in 6th gear and have seen 25-27mpg consistently. I've never seen these numbers before. That's on a vararam power wedge and wicker bill only 1le, which is rated at 24 highway stock (FWIW I rarely if ever saw 24 mpg).

Last but not least, the fun part. The car is quicker, no way around it. The most accurate example I can give for the performance difference is this. If you've ever payed close attention to the difference a passenger makes, I would say that is as accurate of an example as I can give you. I can personally feel the slight change in accelerarion when a 150 lb passenger sits in the car. The difference the wedge made is starting with that passenger (stock) and then kicking them out (wedge installed). It's a slight difference, but that's about the level of change I would argue we are dealing with.

TLDR: get the wedge it works!
I just installed mine. I’m going to take it for a ride
WspoonSS is offline   Reply With Quote