View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 07:13 AM   #38
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I think people will realize this C8 is a Corvette when they see full pricing ,right now they are seeing under $60k . Corvettes jump up very quickly in price , a Z51 1Lt to the 3Lt is a huge difference in price .I don't know anyone with a stripped Corvette , actually the few i know personally all have Grandsports with manual trans . I can also tell you they have no interest in this C8 , no manual trans and getting the bugs out is a huge concern for now .
I agree.. I personally would not buy the first year of any new design but GM has put in the hours on this one and they don’t want it to get a black eye.. time will tell.

You are correct, I was at a Corvette plant seminar and the majority of the Corvettes sold are Gand Sports and ZO6 models. I do think that base model will put it in reach of some of the Camaro owners. To be honest that really hasn’t changed from the past price structure . The base Corvette was already a mid $50,000 car but now it’s what you get for the money. It will be interesting to see how it effects the Camaro market.

Last edited by Memphis SS; 07-21-2019 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Spelling ..iPad fighting with my typing
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote