View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 06:45 AM   #35
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
By the way large dealerships are already taking deposits at window sticker no makeup’s in a year discounts will be out there so you are over inflating your prices.
+1 this. And smaller dealers too that are already in the Corvette program with GM and have 2019 sales. Their allocations for 2020 = their volume sold in 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrio Andretti View Post
Dealers won’t be handing out allocations for the first year or year and a half.
That's not how it's working this time. You can build a C8 to order out of the gate ... This isn't like onsey-twosey allocations. Corvette production is far more custom than camaro. With 12 exterior colors, 6 interior colors and heaps of trim options, it has to be. Dealers will be FAR more willing to order you a custom car than take a gamble on buring one of their allocations having to push pre-selected options on picky customers.

First you go online and use the configurator, then at the end you get the option to pick a dealer, download the PDF and the configurator emails them your spec. Then the dealer contacts you (I got an email from Bill Buck within 12 hrs).
Quote:
We are now taking deposits for ordering them so let me know if you would be interested in securing a spot for one of them. You will be able to customize it the way you want when we can place the order and the deposit is refundable. Let me know, I would be happy to help.
The PDF you get at the end of the config process looks like this. I expect the price to be in the $75k-$80k range as spec'd.
Attached Images

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote