View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 07:58 PM   #70
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post

I saw this one video where this Sierra with a 6.2L good a new Whipple and it only made in like the 550 WHP range. You might say that that's pathetic for a 6.2L modern motor to only made that kind of power with a 2.9L twin screw blower and I would agree. The thing is that truck made like 750'ish lb-ft. They got to talking and said that this truck is just a cam swap away from making very big power, and I agree with that as well. The GEN5 6.2L truck cam is made to make its best power in a way idea for towing and hauling big loads. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't LT1 heads the same as the GEN5 6.2L truck heads?
The truck 6.2, the l86, has the same exact cam as the lt1. Crank, cam, valves, pistons, rods, spring, the entire longblock is identical, part number for part number. The only difference is the intake and exhaust manifolds.

The trucks dyno low because of drivetrain losses. It’s something like 22%.

There is no l86 dyno that is in the “550whp range and 750ish torque” ...you just made that up.

That’s infact the most ridiculous stat I’ve ever heard since torque and hp meet at 5250 rpm, which means it would have to make 750ft lbs of torque at like 3800rpm and then fall off a cliff, made even worse by the fact you said it had a 2.9L blower.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote