View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 09:49 PM   #6
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
If using a jack and jackstands, pinch welds are the way to go. As arpad mentioned, you can lift the entire side of the car from the "middle" cutout in the rocker trim. I've been using this method (magnetic adapter pad for the jack and regular harbor freight jack stands with rubber protective pads on them) many many times ever since I got the car and have never had an issue, all the pinch welds still look great. I'd suspect those that have had issues this way either aren't using the proper tools or otherwise accidentally caused damage by not having setup properly. The aluminum adapter blocks are good if you (or somewhere you get it serviced) frequently use a 4 post or have jackstands with a flat pad on the top, but have little to no benefit over using a jack stand with the pinch weld notch directly on the pinch weld when done properly.

Side note, I believe the yellow spots circled above are where the car is carried through the assembly process. Can probably use them with a 4 post, but greater care should be taken to extend the pads before lifting. IIRC those spots are even more recessed than the pinch welds so there's a greater risk of crushing a rocker/quarter panel with the house arms if not setup properly. Have already seen a few threads of this being done, even by dealers.

Last edited by Alpha1BC; 11-29-2020 at 10:12 PM.
Alpha1BC is offline   Reply With Quote