View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 10:47 AM   #28
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodack000 View Post
I want to be as clear as possible to help as many as I can. I was pulled over for loud exhaust. Cop sent me to the State ref here in CA. At the time of infraction I had LT headers, no cats running back to an MBRP set of mufflers.
Knowing I would fail the 95db test I put the exhaust back to stock minus the mufflers. I kept the mbrp on to see if it would pass.
Took it in and it not only failed the db test at 110db it failed for modified cats. Since I cut them off and put them back on they are now deemed used/not original.
State ref made me show proof on new rear cat purchase from Chevy which I will tell you is only sold as 1 whole piece. From the connection at the front cats all the way back including the muffler. $2200 after core. Had to also show proof of install, pictures an all before I could get a re test.
Took it down today fully 100% stock. You guessed it FAILED!!! They will test in all 3 modes it ran at 99, 97, and 96.
State ref looked at me and said I don't know what to tell you. It's stock but it failed.
At this point I still can't pay the fines to get the car back on the road legally.
Looking into adding resonators to quiet it down and test again.
Right now in Ca if you buy a stock camaro and drive it off lot, get pulled over for loud exhaust it will fail the db test locking you up just like me. Absolute crap.

Where in the state was this?
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is online now   Reply With Quote