Thread: New Exhaust
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 07:38 PM   #1
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
New Exhaust

Hello all! New here to these forums. Back in March I finally bought the car I've been wanting for a very long time. A 2018 Camaro SS! It's a 1SS without dual mode (NPP) exhaust. The stock exhaust is just okay. I want it to sound more like a muscle car though with a deeper note. I want to avoid drone. It's A8 and I've read someplace that it's the AFM that that creates the drone when it kicks into V4 mode. However, I'm not sure how true this is. I've been researching different exhaust manufacturers for some time now. I love the sound of the Flowmaster American Thunder axle-back, but I've heard that the drone is pretty bad. I like the Borla S-Type axle-back as well, but it's a bit pricey. I'm not a fan of the Corsa anything. Finally, I really like the sound of the AWE Touring Axle-back, at least from the way it sounds on YouTube, which I'm sure doesn't give a good representation of the actual sound produced.

My concern is that it is too loud. Does anyone out there have this system on their SS? My car is completely stock. I would just be adding the axle-back exhaust as the cat-back is not recommended because of the AFM valves on the automatics.

Mark
Attached Images

caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote