View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #28
King Nothing
Under a Peterbilt

Drives: Rogue, Durango and Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Sure they charge those prices, but it doesn't mean that they're worth it. The 15 grand figure was meant for the regular production v8 fbody, not including the gmmgs.

Don't turn your back on the 5th and 6th generations. As good as my beloved 4th gens were, the ZL1s, 1LEs, etc. did eclipse them in performance. Their production numbers were low as well, so its a very good indication that they will be worth more in the future.

The bad thing is that it will take a lot longer for them to appreciate due to the glut of cars. You'll always have people charging more for a car than its worth; Its up to the wise buyer to shop around and to get a good car for the right price.

I've seen guys ask ridiculous prices for those dusty old 4th gens........I'm laughing with the bottom of my stomach at them. Its one of the reasons why I took care of and kept mine. I don't have to shop for another one, and it'll always be here for me to enjoy.
Productions numbers for 4th gens were still lower. 2010 production alone was near 100k, no 4th gen year was near that. For example, my car is 1 of 103. Good luck to the person looking for a car that rare for a low price.
Sold-2000 Camaro SS A4 Hardtop #867 of 8913
1 of 103 Bright Rally Red Hardtop SS A4 in 2000
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 By Berger #11BC21
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote