Thread: Turbo 6.2 Build
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 11:27 AM   #383
RabbitZL1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog View Post
Nice to see you're getting back in action.

Ofcourse im here for the drain again...I'm wondering if removing the check ball was good/bad/indifferent...the ball was there to keep stuff from going back up the tube into the factory clean side vent can (only camaro LTs have this i believe) which was exposed to positive case pressure otherwise.

blowing through the line...i could hear air escaping the pcv obviously. I checked because im considering routing a line and pump to the catch can for my return. this raised the question...is the check ball vacuum actuated shut since a factory line from the stock intake is hooked up to the catch can? with no vacuum or boost the ball should remain open from the feed side and prevent opposing "splash" which may have stopped your leak from occuring.

this is all speculation though and i am in no way educated enough to say 100%...just a long winded thought.

I ran my scavenge pump straight to the air oil separator middle port and capped the outer 2. I also removed the check ball. I have about 200miles on the setup and it’s been working fine. Only reason I did it this way was because the car was already together and I switched from air cooled turbos to conventional oiled. When I take to all apart again, going to remove the whole air oil separator setup and run the scavenge pump directly to the m22 port as well as remove the tube in the oil pan
RabbitZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote