View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 01:19 PM   #24
mbnwa

Drives: 18 NGM ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_venomSS View Post
Hey man. I am in the market for a Procharger kit for my street car. 2 dumb questions. I am full bolt ons right now with ZL1 fuel setup. Can I run this kit on low boost around 700whp without making the power band super biased towards high rpm? What are the ramifications of running this kit with the Air to Water intercooler instead of the regular stage 2? This is going on a daily driver.
Thanks for the questions, no question is a dumb question as long as it's asked

Given the nature of how ProChargers work, while running a lower boost is doable, you will see the impact at lower RPM, unlike a roots style supercharger that is "instant on" the ProCharger takes some time to spin up and build boost. If you lower the boost level I would expect a decrease of performance across the board but the boost will most likely hit in the 2.7K - 3K RPM range (just guessing)

The Air2Water will help keep the air inlet temps down producing additional power over Air based cooling, at lower boost levels I do not think you will see a huge difference in performance unless the temp outside is super hot, however, it does give you room to grow if you decide to make the car more "wild" in the future.

My plan was to get around 675 - 725WHP out of the kit to start with on my own 2SS, so we are kinda thinking along the same setup.
17' Camaro 2SS A8 Vert Upgrades: Pray MSD IM/95mm TB/E85/Tune / Roto-fab CAI / GM Dark Taillights / LED Turn's with VLED Resisters / LED Reverse Lights / JWM Side Markers / Factory UQT PDR (CTS-V) / BMR DSL, MM010 / TSP 1 7/8 / Front Camera / Eyebrow Harness / Elite Engineering E2-X / AEM Wideband with Aeroforce single pod / HD Radio / OnStar Delete / RPM Roll Bar
mbnwa is offline   Reply With Quote