View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 10:24 PM   #75
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
My plan is to keep it stock or mostly stock while under warranty. I plan to enjoy the heck out of the car and if I ever get used to the stock power then maybe start doing things like I did to my GT that won't require a tune or affect drivetrain warranty, and/or find places to reduce weight. Like you mentioned maybe eventually a CAI and if I can find a good deal on something like a Borla S type catback; but they are really expensive for the ZL1. I love the Borla system on my GT, though.

Eventually I may do more once the warranty is expired - i.e., ported TB, tune, and a slightly smaller pulley - but only a small change that won't require upgrading the stock fuel or intercooler systems or require catless headers, maybe a ported blower...maybe E50 at that time as well if I can confirm the ethanol station. I've only scratched the surface on my research for that level of mods so I'm not sure exactly what I'll do yet and how they all fit together. That's years away though, if I do it at all - so there's time.
My only advice would be that whatever you do, avoid doing anything with the stock blower altogether. It is just gonna run too hot. For what you'll spend messing with that blower, it won't be worth any more than stock if you eventually upgraded to an aftermarket blower. And all the money you will have spent on it will be a waste.

And I personally am not a fan of any E stuff (E85, E50, etc).
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote