View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 09:24 PM   #73
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I'm not sure if I asked Idaho this but are you planning to mod the ZL1 at some point? How extensive? Honestly, any modding of this car beyond an intake and exhaust is unnecessary. That's how amazing it is stock. But there are a lot of guys out there in the 700+ RWHP range. And they're getting there easily and safely with no difference in driveability. What are your plans with it?
My plan is to keep it stock or mostly stock while under warranty. I plan to enjoy the heck out of the car and if I ever get used to the stock power then maybe start doing things like I did to my GT that won't require a tune or affect drivetrain warranty, and/or find places to reduce weight. Like you mentioned maybe eventually a CAI and if I can find a good deal on something like a Borla S type catback; but they are really expensive for the ZL1. I love the Borla system on my GT, though.

Eventually I may do more once the warranty is expired - i.e., ported TB, tune, and a slightly smaller pulley - but only a small change that won't require upgrading the stock fuel or intercooler systems or require catless headers, maybe a ported blower...maybe E50 at that time as well if I can confirm the ethanol station. I've only scratched the surface on my research for that level of mods so I'm not sure exactly what I'll do yet and how they all fit together. That's years away though, if I do it at all - so there's time.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote