View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 12:05 AM   #13
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3BOOSTED View Post
I don't think i've seen many sites out there offering a novi kit, who did you go through? i see you have a novi kit as well, any regrets? complaints?
I went thru East Coast Supercharging. It is basically the Vortech kit with the Paxton (now owned by Vortech) Novi 1500 head unit. And a ECS specific air filter.

The standard Vortech system uses their Si head unit, which their smaller street head unit. Now Vortech can do a kit with the Ti head unit, but given the direction of rotation of this kit is reverse from normal, they only have it the Ti available in a oil fed configuration (drilling and tapping the oil pan, plumbing a oil feed line). Vortech doesn't have it on their website, but with enough googling you can find instructions for a HD kit from Vortech that uses the Yi which is their largest "street" type unit.

The Novi 1500 is basically the Vortech Ti but with a billet gear case instead of cast. The Novi 2200 is basically the Yi with a billet vs cast case.

I have everything installed, but am a few weeks out from tuning (its very winter here in Minnesota right now), but am in the midst of putting an Alky kit on it.

As far as the install goes - the kit is put together very well, not very many gaps or things left out in the instructions and pictures. Every component seems to be top notch. The worst part of the whole job was changing the plugs.

The design uses a jackshaft vs trying to drive the HU off of the crank pull / pull adapter. You get a longer belt to replace the stock one, and their bracket has a jackshaft that had a 6 rib pulley on one side and a cogged pulley on the other side. You have two belts, but very easy pulley swaps.

I looked long and hard at ProCharger, but I just didn't like their adapter that goes on the crank. I know people have luck with it, but I went as far as to quote out a D1, Stg 2 intercooler, Pro BOV and a upgraded balancer, but in the end it was a lot more work and a lot more money.

Goal is 600ft lbs on pump gas (MN premium is 91 octane with 10% ethanol) and meth. The math puts the head unit at 46K rpm (max is 52k) at 6000rpm, should be 10-11lbs of boost.