View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 10:20 AM   #24
vtelvr

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtelvr View Post
This is very true. I am running stock sizes on my SS. I bumped the PSI to 38 on each corner and it helped. I was experiencing some squishy feelings when accelerating, and when cornering hard. Playing with the pressure has helped, and allowed me to get caught in the rain if I had to...and not get too sketchy.

So far, I am impressed with the tires overall. They don't mind wet roads, but watch out for puddles. It will grab the steering wheel out of your hand.
I have to update this review. However, understand I am not blaming the specific tire..at least not just yet. I found this week that with about 7,350 miles on my set of four continental tires that the front tires are down to the wear bars. They are worn evenly across, not just on the inside or outside shoulder. I have contacted Continental and they opened a claim for me.

I have an appointment tomorrow to have the car checked over and to get replacement tires. When I had the set of 4 installed, the tire shop did a full alignment as well. I’m anxious to see what the new shop tomorrow says about the current alignment on the car. Something is definitely off about the car, the tires, or a combo of the two. The rear tires are in great shape as you’d imagine at 7k miles.

I will post up my findings.
vtelvr is offline   Reply With Quote