View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 01:56 AM   #1
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Advice on warranty service

So here's the deal....

I took delivery of my ride a little over a year ago. One of the boxes I checked was the side skirts when I ordered it.

When I picked it up, the skirts weren't installed right. The back half (on both sides) didn't lock in. There was a gap between the rocker and the finished outer cover was well as they'd actually pull away from the car.

No biggie.. I have a warranty, right?

I take it in and still have the same problem. SMH.

I take it back again and talk to the service manager. He promises to straighten it out. I get it back and there are now body screws thru put in thru the fender well lip to hold them in place, but there is a gap as wide as my finger between the rocker and the skirt still.

So, after 3 attempts, and the service manager gig, I figure they do not know
how to install them or give a damn to install them right.

Now, fast forward to August 8th. My car gets the front fascia ripped off by a moron in a RV at the gas station. (totally new story)

I decided to send the car to the other dealer in town because of the circus at dealership 1.

While it's sitting waiting for parts, I tell the body shop advisor that I need my rockers and hood stripe repaired under warranty and please handle it while they have the car.

When I pick up the car on 10/12, (which still isn't done) they say they can't fix the skirts because "the other guys worked on it". The hood stripe they can do because "no one has touched it yet".

Now I'm not happy. What the hell happened to 36 mo/36k bumper to bumper?

I call GM because dealer 1 are yo-yo's and dealer 2 refuses to do warranty work.

The guy I'm dealing with is nice, but can't get results. Dealer 1 states the the car was bought "15 months ago". "The accident caused the problems" and anything else they could come up with to weasel out.

Dealer 2 feels the skirts were installed wrong and need a new set, but won't do it.

GM dude says there is nothing he can do, maybe I need to pay out of pocket.
(He realized that wasn't going to fly when I politely reminded him I have a warranty in effect).

Now, GM dude says there is nothin he can do, it needs to go to the next level above him and I'm waiting for a call from GM dude 2.

Anyone else have problems like this? What are the magic words I need to use (besides lawyer) to get some action?