View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 04:05 PM   #33
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Maybe I can tell you once mine arrive. I've had them all on a number of cars, 300c Eibach, g8gt supercharged Eibach and my 15 2ss were BMR. Bmr were a pretty stiff ride unlike my Eibachs. I'm hoping these will prove to be a good ride plus great handling, the ride height is just right for me.
The BMR fronts are linear, these above are linear, they will ride harder. It is impossible to give a lower spring and a good ride that does not seriously sacrifice handling. The Eibachs offer a good ride but they are not handling springs, they are far too soft due their progressive nature to offer any handling (defined in terms of grip or transient response).

Basically most handling performance is offered by the first 1.5 inches of spring compression, the soft progressive spring gives this up in the name of comfort. Sure they stiffen after that when the close working coils close, but car is already in the turn and the suspension geometry especially camber has already been sacrificed. There is no free lunch.

Most shops make up for the soft nature of the progressive by bolting on huge sway bars. This does quicken the response and helps add to spring rate to the outer tire by lifting the inner. But once again as a run of thumb the larger the bar the less ultimate grip and that grip will be approached at a greater rate. The is after all further loading the already loaded tire. Meaning the car will feel flatter and feel like it corners better... till it don't. Which is fine for 99.9% of the lower spring buyers.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote