View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 12:19 AM   #65
the chosen one

Drives: 2017 Convertible 1SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Yep, I agree with you on trying to repair, if possible. If I remember correctly, the guy you’re talking about said he had the glass replaced, but when he showed the warranty repair order, it was actually the entire top. Although, I may be wrong...

I’m having a hard time buying the adhesive is the sole culprit. If that was the case, we’d be having wholesale failures. The other possibility is poor surface prep before the caulking was installed. Just seeing the difference in top tightness between the cars I owned, kinda made me think...hmmm?

Good luck
I was the guy that posted I just had the glass replaced ~2 years ago. But after this whole ordeal recently and speaking to the dealer I’ve come to find out that the entire top was replaced. However my service sheet from that warranty repair says “replace RR glass”. The dealer didn’t really give me a straight answer why it’s written up that way.