View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 12:01 AM   #64
the chosen one

Drives: 2017 Convertible 1SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Well, that sucks.. I don’t know anything about GAHH, but would be interested in knowing if they provided the original and or the most recent tops to Chevy. (To your point on GM’s flawed design)

Have you thought about trying to pull the glass and apply new adhesive? I just watched a YouTube video on this and it looked pretty simple....Actually, I’m thinking our verts may be easier, since it looks like the glass is set from the outside.(could be wrong on this, but that how I see it).
I actually purchased 3m adhesive primer and window weld to attempt a repair myself but it’s too cold in Michigan for the window weld to cure properly - so I’ll have to wait at least two months before I can try to re-glue it.

And just for anyone’s curiosity the trim shop that replaced my top the last time quoted me $2550 and that’s using a less expensive and terribly flawed oem top not an aftermarket one. I did try the dealer again and they said it’s not covered even though it was replaced under warranty before. I also called GMs customer service helpline and complained and they actually opened a cost assistance case for me but at most that will probably only cover half the cost. If you’re dealing with the same problem out of warranty give GMs main customer service a try.

Last edited by the chosen one; 02-18-2021 at 12:28 AM.
the chosen one is offline   Reply With Quote