View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 08:37 AM   #170
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
While Shelby vehicles have upgraded equipment over regular mustangs for sure, like the expensive voodoo, predator, dct and v6 camaros tr3160. You would be very naive to think the Shelby emblem isn't carrying a premium.
I will disagree with that sort of lol. Strictly speaking on terms of MSRP the Shelby Mustangs IMO would cost them same as they do know if they were back to SVT Cobra Mustangs or whatever ford wants to call them. Where the extra bump in pricing comes from IMO is a solid chunk of those specialty parts are unique to just the Mustang. Maybe I am just dumb but I don't think Ford bumped the MSRP just because of the badge

Ford fan boys favorite dig at the Camaro is that it is nothing special because its a parts bin car. Well They have a fantastic bin to pull from and engines/transmissions/chassis shared across multiple models bring cost down. LT4 used in 3 vehicles, alpha used in 3, A10 in multiple vehicles, cooling lessons learned from C7 Z06. That's a lot of know how and trickle down and cost savings.

Now where I will agree is people (general public and greedy delaers )definitely view the shelby name as premium, same way some people view M or AMG as premium and thats why they charge ADM and idiots pay it
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 07-02-2020 at 09:32 AM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote