View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 12:48 PM   #52
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
So airflow is a good reason for a bad design? Did 2016-2018 had a bad airflow?
How those ugly cheeks help airflow?

Airflow is not everything, otherwise we will have a huge hole as the front of the car
+1

I agree. Good airflow doesn’t have to compromise a great design. It’s intersting that airflow is so good and optimized for the ZL1 and better yet the ZL1 1LE that that is the very reason that GM cited for not messing with it. The new Corvette ZR1 is another example. For me, when I look at all of the 5th Gens (RS, SS, ZL1) and the ‘16-‘18’s, the Camaro family of trims is immediately recognizable to most. Now, the separate designs of the refresh do not. Ok, I hear that reasoning is for each to be unique, but they pulled it off better for the 2.0 and 3.6 LS, LT but the SS I just can’t come to like or have it grow on me. There have been some photoshopped renders here on the forum relocating the flowtie to the upper grille and breaking up that mass of black on the front end that change my feeling about it from thumbs down to thumbs up. If my 2017 were to be totaled and I wanted a new car replacement, I would try to get the ZL1 since the redesign of the rear I’m fine with. If out of my reach, I’d settle for the SS but would make some appearance changes to the front with body-color paint or wrap to try and get close to those renders I liked. I’m sure some owners of the new SS’s will.

Anyway, a bit off topic for the new Blazer. I expected it to be built on the Colorado frame but I get the CUV direction. Better fuel economy and most will stay driven on the road rather than taken off road. And sales drive design I suppose.
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote