View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #53
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I recall the GM engineers stating they would prefer to put a TTV6 into the Vettes....but it won't fly with the Vette buyers as long as a V-8 is available...How much longer that will be the case, is anybody's guess, especially given they would even consider doing it.....

Sorry about screwing up the quote with my posts...lol...they're in there somewhere...

I don't see why they would prefer a TTV6. As seen with the LF3, it duplicates the LS3 with the added issues of heat soak and the complexity of a TT set up.

This may be the last stand of the V8 engine as a common power plant but that is entirely due to government busy bodies forcing THEIR desires on the rest of us. Sure, some emissions regulations are good for us but making the regulations so stringent that companies have to invest huge amounts of money to meet them is entirely outside the bounds of what the government should be doing.

I prefer the V8 engine. I like the sound, the feel and the relative simplicity of it. It's nostalgic and iconic to American cars. If the government didn't force everyone to adopt outrageous mileage standards and let the companies develop the engines they wanted, I bet we would see some amazing V8s and other types coming out.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote