View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 12:21 PM   #101
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
I waiver back and forth on this. On one hand GM has a huge opportunity to bring an affordable electric sports car to the market. That can be a successful move if they are a front runner.

On the other hand I dunno how I feel about them calling it a Camaro. I think they'd be better served giving it an all new name and starting a new legacy. However I don't see them selling it side by side with an internal combustion Camaro. The Camaro (as we know it) is done.

I hope they don't give it a fake V8 sound though. I'm actually ok with some kind of fake sound, but I'd rather it sound a turbine engine or some shit. Just don't make it sound like any other internal combustion engine you typically find in a car.

EDIT: For what it's worth I will seriously consider the new car if it's a better coupe. As much as I love my Camaro, I don't think I'll be purchasing another without few more adjustments--namely a little more back seat legroom and a better trunk opening (I would love a liftback like 3rd gen and 4th gen). Also GM needs to give it better visibility if they want it to sell. Yes, we all learned to deal with the visiblity, but we are an exception. You average shopper is gonna jump in the car, say I can't see shit, and jump out. They aren't going to give it a chance.

Last edited by Malbjey; 01-26-2021 at 12:31 PM.