View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 10:09 AM   #67
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
While I think it would be awesome to see an LT5 Camaro I still don't think it will happen.

ZR1 Engine has in the past always remained exclusive to Corvette.

LS9 never made it into the Camaro when the HC and trinity came out.

GM has sat there and watched hellcat at 707, Hell cat move up to 717, RE go up to 797, Demon with 808 and upcoming GT500 with 700+ and so far nothing.

+ the fact they made such a big deal about heritage and how a track car should be NA blah blah blah the LT5 doesn't make sense for the Z/28.
C6 ZR1 was a 4 year run car - completely different scenario than the 1 year only C7 ZR1 (maybe GM will keep the LT5 as a single year, single model only engine, who knows, but that would be a first for GM)

HC came out while Camaro was entering into the 6th gen. No LS motors where going into a 6th gen, so that rules the LS9 out again. Camaro gambled with a track star Z/28, and priced it out of range for any decent sales. I wonder if they have learned the lesson? Again, who knows?

Camaro doesn't need another track star, ZL1 1LE is already that, an LT5 Camaro can be more of a bruiser, keep the Mag ride like the ZR1, and be competitive with the Redeye and GT500. GM has to know that it's customers want to compete with the best of Ford and Dodge and win - and not have to mod a car to do so.

Because I would rather hope, than doubt, I will remain hopeful for an LT5 Camaro...I'm not saying it will happen, just that I hope it does as I will buy one.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote