View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 07:28 PM   #1
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
When to go from 17” rear drag pack to 15”?

Hey fellas, so I’m having issues getting my car to hook even on 305/45/17 ET Street R tires, good burnouts, and launching in second gear. Stock converter, no less. I have a perfect alignment and a crap ton of BMR upgrades too. Plenty of weight over the rear tires… roll bar, full tank of fuel, and big ass ice tank out back. Running skinnies up front as well.

Don’t get me wrong, my 60’ times aren’t terrible (best of 1.47, average of 1.5/1.6), but they’re holding me back from getting into the low 9’s. And, my local track doesn’t exactly kill it on the track prep too. It’s a pretty low dollar operation. The people are nice, but if the track prep is anything like the bathroom maintenance…. So, I suppose this could be a track issue as much as an issue with my setup. Car trapped 148 last run out, so the power is there in my humble opinion.

So, am I at the point where I *need* to do a 15” conversion? Is that how you get down to 1.2 60’ times? Or is the suspension more important (coilovers)? I’m not sure how many 8 or low-9 second guys are on this board, but appreciate any advice or thoughts from the Forced Induction squad.