View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 09:48 PM   #431
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I think the tire that comes on the standard ZL1 is about as much tire that you can use on the street under "normal" DD use. Even then you have to be careful under 40 degrees. I've certainly driven my ZL1 well below 40 degrees. A couple times in the single digits. And it held up fine although I certainly wasn't banging corners or driving in any type of spirited manner.
Probably reflective of most ZL1 owners

I
Quote:
f I was to buy any car with a tire as aggressive as those Cup2s I would probably swap them out for something more practical and well rounded. Probably the rims too for that matter.
Yep, so even the die-hards would not drive Cup2 on the street So these really race tires and in many ways not relevant to streetcars, as most normal (anybody with common sense and not made of money) drivers are not on the public roadway with Cup2s. Hence I wish that these performace test be done with 220 minimum wear summer tires.

Quote:
But going back to the price of this car and Frdo's warranty semantics, I doubt we'll see many of these cars at the track. The CF versions that it. I bet most will be used to cruise around in and show off. Maybe some of the guys out there with YT channels looking to make a name will do it. But outside of that I don't think many will. Even with the YT crowd they'd have to be careful about what they post and what videos they put up as Frdo will likely use it against them to get out of paying up when something inevitably blows the hell up.
That would be my view also.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote