View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 08:37 AM   #25
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
I agree the parts look gaudy... with the aluminum hood, they would have to surprise me with worthwhile weight savings which I'm doubful of... I would consider the diffuser since GM just put cheap plastic back there anyway....

The plan for this car is a DD for the first few years... then slowly turn it into a full track car... I will be living within 20 minutes of Area 27, the new racetrack in Oliver, BC...

If you havent heard of it yet... you will soon... its an amazing course...

I'm going the other way from the ZL1.... I like to keep that weight down as my first choice of car was the Grand Sport... I'm not at all interested in the regular C7 nor the Z51.

Also, even if I was interested in the ZL1... the CANADIAN allocation for the ZL1 is 50 cars.

50 cars... for the whole country....
Yeah I liked the diffuser too until I saw those giant fins on the side of it. The plastic we have is cheap looking but it's still lighter than adding the CF piece from that site.

I'm not saying you should buy a ZL1, I'm recommending that you test drive a ZL1 or a Z06 so you can see how little weight impacts the handling and feel the extra power you get. Just because a car has a forced induction doesn't mean it isn't capable on a track. A C7 Z06 for example will destroy a C7 Grand Sport. You can buy a 1LE then add a SC and get the car professionally tuned.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote