View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 10:07 PM   #105
viurniel
@viurniel

Drives: 19 ZLE A10, 15 2SS, 90 300ZXTT
I just did this with a different set of 8K bulbs I got from eBay. I began by soldering a 2.2 kOhm resistor on each bulb as recommended by OP, but experienced some of the issues reported by folks here (bulbs stayed on dimly, and reverse camera always on). I changed the resistor on one bulb to a 1 kOhm resistor and the rear back up camera issue was gone, but still had dimming on one bulb and flickering on the other. Then I added a 100 Ohm resistor in parallel to the 1 kOhm resistor and all issues were solved!

One thing to keep in mind when you do this is that the resistance of an led bulb is not linear, and that is why we don't have a simple straight out formula that applies to all bulbs. You will need to play a bit with your resistors, unless you purchase exactly what the OP purchased.

Also while you're at it, change the license plate bulbs - you don't need any resistors or gadgets for those to work - just plug and play.

And yes, the original bulb (on the right) is turned-on in the picture attached. Initially, I thought I would not like the 8K lights, but I actually like the blueish/red combo - superman action in the back.
Attached Images

viurniel is offline   Reply With Quote