View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 03:44 PM   #25
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
Sorry but gotta disagree. i have owned an RPO 1LE Camaro in every gen, including a one of four built 88, and three gen 5's. They are great bang for buck, especially the gen 6, but they will never have the cache of Z/28 for a multitude of reasons. Would agree that thrashed high miler's will be 30k, but if you look at recent auctions the bubble examples are pulling 60k, and low mile clean one's have held very strong in the low mid forties, where they have been for the last couple three years. There are examples of spec play bubble cars that are commanding multiples of MSRP currentely, including TATA'S ,Y84 TA's, Buick GN's..last week a 9 mile GNX sold on BAT for 200k. The common theme shared by them is they were very unique low production cars than represented the top shelf of performance in their day. The 1LE is and has always been mostly a suspension RPO,with the same engine as a garden varietly Camaro. Hint, last time you could get a line built Camaro with an NA 427 Neil Armstrong was planting flags on the moon. You seem pretty jaded on the Z, most people that own Camaro's like them all.
There are not many early 1Le Camaros that survived and the ones that did will continue to go up . I have only met one person that have owned every generation 1Le and i can say you are a very rare person, very cool.
I wasn't trying to make this a 1Le vs Z28 i'm only talking about a dollar to dollar value . The fact is that the age of the Z28 in behind us and the 5th gen as far as being rare is no where close to the one of four you had , which would bring in more money today at auction? And don't forget that the NA 427 you are talking about with the moon landing was a big block not a small block like in the 5th gen.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote