View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 02:28 PM   #18
Sephx1

Drives: 18 ZLE, 18 SS1LE, 16 SS, 23 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
Unsure I read this right but did you buy for 7k, get 6k worth of parts and have a running 2ss??!
Well, I probably could have but I spent considerably more than that. Since there seems to be as much interest in the cost aspect as the conversion, I will share what I'm into this for. This car turned out to be in pretty good condition, so no expense was spared to restore and upgrade it. Eventually, but too late I found that a lot of $$ could have been saved by shopping around for used parts and fasteners. Also, the ZL1 conversion resulted in a lot more parts needed such as fenders, rockers, hood and scoop. My original plan was to use a 2019 and up SS hood, but my research found that wouldn't work. There are also some expensive new parts in there that you may not need or can find used such as the DRL's.

I'm pretty happy with what I got in the end and plan on keeping it a long time.

I have been watching Camaros on Copart since this purchase and I don't think getting them at the price I did was the norm. Burn vehicles probably scare off a lot of buyers. There's another SS similar to mine with front end crash damage being auctioned off in Denver tomorrow on Copart if anyone's interested in watching. You have to view the live auction, as auction results are not posted. I won't be bidding on another car for a while. This one took a lot of my time.
Attached Images

Sephx1 is offline   Reply With Quote