View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 05:05 PM   #25
HSLdriver

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Thanks for this--I see that I could have been more clear. In terms of research papers, I was referring to all the literature I looked at for automobile BSF. This included street cars on the street (the point being BSF doesn't seem to present in street cars operated on the street outside of catastrophic, otherwise unsurvivable accidents which makes one--or at least me--wonder, why doesn't it?). I didn't expect to find any literature on street cars used on track (and I didn't) and I certainly didn't expect to see any literature on racecars used on the street (and didn't; I was actually surprised how much was published about BSF and racecars on track, i.e., there's not a lot of examples/case studies and how many ways can you study the same cases?!). To summarize maybe a little more clearly, the literature would seem to indicate there are relatively little to no preventable (i.e., with a head restraint) BSF in street accidents, which is not the case in a racecar and the reason would seem to be the function of the street belt and bag vs. the race harness. And again, these are just some ideas--it would be great to get contributions from some HANS experts. And absolutely no judgement here on any peace-of-mind or other views, I'm simply deeply interested in this area--and safety in general--and am always very open to hearing other data- or science-based evidence and ideas. Sorry I was confusing about that and thanks again for pointing it out!
HSLdriver is offline   Reply With Quote