View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 05:04 PM   #10
Sephx1

Drives: 18 ZLE, 18 SS1LE, 16 SS, 23 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
how much have you spent so far if you dont mind me asking?
About $12k on GM parts alone. If anything was questionable or had ANY sign of damage it got replaced. I could have gotten away with keeping the radiator, fan and some other pricey pieces but opted not to. Battery cable, engine wiring harness, body wiring harness all needed replaced and were expensive, ZL1 grilles and DRL’s were expensive. Way more melted plastic parts than I thought. Not sure if the heat damaged the ECM yet. I’m very close to having everything but maybe some fasteners.

You could definitely save a lot by buying fasteners somewhere other than GM and buying whatever parts you can from other forum members. Since this car was burned a lot of fasteners got tossed with the melted plastic. Another source would be a wrecking yard. I rebuilt a couple Corvettes when I was younger and there was all kinds of little gold that could be picked off those cars. I didn’t have the time and the good condition of this car made me want to use new parts. According to Carfax the car went through emissions in September with 46k miles and was totaled out two months later in November. I bought it in December. Auction fees brought the original price to $7,100.
Sephx1 is offline   Reply With Quote