View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 10:00 PM   #43
MeanGreen1LE

Drives: 17 krypton green 1le
Step 1 turn back now

Well I’ve really done it now! While trying to clean up fly cuts and get them closer: things were going great, deepest point of cut on 4 cylinders so far were .090 to .096. BUT then I got to cylinder 5 it was only showing about .060” so I needed to take off quite a bit. Well as previously discovered only .005 of cut seemed to gain .028 of depth at the deepest end. So I attempted to use collar again. Snugged it down till I though it might strip and started. Drilled slow didn’t seem to cut kept checking collar to the guid with feeler gauge and it still pushed in. Gave the drill more trigger still didn’t seem to cut any and feeler gauge still Fit under collar. Ran it again sounded like maybe it cut. But still room under collar. Felt uneasy when I checked dial indicator. It spun way to far! Felt like I was watching a clock In A cheesy time travel movie. I feel nauseous; I quickly unbolt heads and HOLY frakin Shite. It finally cut alright. Oh no! It was actually storming during this with a little hail and good thing too because I’m not one to use expletives but my neighbors who live almost ½ mile away might have called the law. Ok so I didn’t like cut a hole in the piston but I measured and it was like .150” at the edge. I felt so stupid and really had one of those moments where I wish I would just have left well enough alone or at least just been patient and waited for the .040 gaskets.
So now while I guess I could probably cut the other pistons. It’s so deep I don’t trust it and it looks like ass! Plus I’m getting to the point of losing compression and compromising balance I think.
MeanGreen1LE is offline   Reply With Quote