View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 10:17 AM   #5
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
They are doing the whole 1 piece I guess you can paint the top portion or leave it carbon... similar to what the 5th gens guys did when they put zl1 side skirts on ss's I asked them to make a cover if it was to difficult..

I just hate having carbon everywhere but the rockers. I know Anderson was playing with the idea they said the tabs break to easy, they even tried ss skirts with bolt on carbon zl1 looks but, they probably wanted all carbon to. I was also going to switch side skirts with the wife and put hers on my zl1 the buy the c7 zl1 style for the ss but, now there will be a option for zl1's
That makes more sense, and they could just make them identical to the OEM rockers and you would use the same clips, and let me say from experience they do break really easy, but they are just cheap plastic clips after all. I hate the look of bolt on skirts that's why I took the slightly more expensive route of the OEM ZL1 rockers, so I'd saying trying to do the entire piece first is the right call, hope they come out nice.