View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 10:17 PM   #46
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
I wanted to resurect this thread.
I ordered an AC Delco PF64 and a Wix along with oil from Rock auto. I wanted to see how they compared. Prices were the best I found.
But I screwed up and received a box of 12 of the Delco filters. Looks like I ordered the wrong packaging.
Ive read things about the GDI engines and particulates building in the oil.
So back in the early 90s when synthetics were coming out I owned trucks with Cat engines. As they were trying to justify the cost of the synthetics they were increasing oil change intervals.
One of the stipulations for extending the intervals was that you changed out filters at standard miles.
My questions is has anyone swapped out filters at half their oil change interval?
Since I have a lifetime supply of filters here I am contemplating 5,000 mile oil changes and 2500 mile filter swaps.
You do you, but I don't think my oil (and filter) is going to see anything longer than a 2,500 mile interval on my 2020 2SS... Granted, it currently isn't my daily driver, but eventually it probably will be... My motto "Oil & filters are CHEAP, engines and components are NOT..." I changed Oil, filter AND DIFF Fluid at 505 miles & 1,500 miles, plan to do Oil and Filter at 4,000 (car will be ~15 months old at that point) and at 6,500 will do it again (and change DIFF fluid again as well).
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote