View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 09:58 AM   #5026
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
That is low. I was expecting closer to 270-ish.
So isn't the new Cadillac small CUV built on the same (Delta?) platform as the new Equinox and Terrain, or is it on something different? Maybe the SRX is also on Delta, but I thought it stayed larger. I just can't keep that all straight lol.

Anyways, a few weeks ago, the wife and I picked up a new metallic grey 2018 GMC Terrain SLT that is nearly loaded out (missing the "Driver Alert 2" package). I have to say...with the 19" wheels in the grey its pretty sharp.

Where I am going with this, is we ended up getting the 1.5l turbo engine. Yes, I wanted the 2.0, considering it has a lot more HP and TQ than the 1.5 with its 170HP and 200TQ. But now that I've driven the 1.5 several times (with wife and young 2 kids) I really think it will be just fine, especially for my wife considering she doesn't care as much about performance. I was worried I'd have to wring it out at 3K or 4K rpm just to hold highway speeds on moderate hills, but that is just not the case. The new 9 speed transmission has been great (knock on wood) and really keeps the engine in the meat of its TQ range, which is at a lower rpm. It will happily cruise up a hill at 70mph at 2,220 or so rpm. I'm no longer bothered that we "settled" on the 1.5l.

If the Cadillac is built on the same platform, using the 9 speed, that 230HP (and likely 260+TQ) engine will do fine, and might even have a little spunk to it. Will it be "fast". No, but it will be perfectly fine.

Last edited by KMPrenger; 03-26-2018 at 12:24 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote