View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #99
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
Not worry at all about that car competing with our Camaro. The new Supra wouldn't even come close to the previous MKIV Supra which was an icon.
New one is underpowered, ugly looking and not even would have the Toyota reliability because main components are BMW.

this is incorrect on so many levels. It's faster than the camaro to 60, so not sure how it's underpowered. I already stated above it's rated low, but that should be obvious by the acceleration.

The supra was an icon mostly because it's reliable and the shortblock can handle boatloads of boost. Well the bmw straight 6 can handle boatloads if boost as well, very similar to the supras numbers.
(edit:ok I was not aware people have 800-1000whp supras on stock shortblocks, that's freaking nuts. I thought it was more like 600-700whp)

Unreliable you say, the entire engine was given to toyota a few years ago. Toyota practically reverse engineered it and stress tested every single nut and bolt and had bmw make the changes. This same engine was released in the 2016 model year on bmw's and literally nobody is having reliability issues. The only semi-common issue is some coolant leaking into the turbos, and toyota used different turbos on the supra.

Toyota has gone over every single piece supplied by bmw to ensure it meets their standards.

Am I going to buy a supra? no
Is it awesome? yes

What is not to love about german engineering dissected and reworked for reliability by japanese engineering. It's like the greatest combo ever.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote