View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 10:26 AM   #10
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
I like mustangs, but they're so common, the interior is weirdly bad, also the reports of the MT-82 (the 6spd) being 'not great' led me to decide on Camaro or Challenger. Driving the challenger led me to the Camaro.

Riding in and driving friend's mustangs led me to understand the Camaro was the right move.

Now just to work on the exhaust to get the Camaro to sound as good as the Mustang or challenger...
I have to defend the mustang MT82 here like I defended the camaro over there with the "visibility" reason for not buying.

There are MAYBE a handful of bad trans's from 2011 that started this feeling. But the real deal is way more bad drivers. People not understanding how to properly shift and drive a manual V8 muscle car. I had (2) 2011 GTs, a 2012 GT and a 2014 GT all with the MT82. Never had one issue with the almost 100k miles spread across all those cars I owned. Those trans's are not gods gift to racing, but I've had my share of shit trans's with other cars as well. A nice shifter and some solid trans mounts completely fixes any lock out problem you could have.

Now Im sure there are bad MT82s out there, but I can almost guaranty they are caused by bad drivers.

Just as "visibility" might be an issue in the camaro if you are 4'11" or 6'8". But for the majority of normal sized adults, you can see out fine. Not about getting that large coke from McDonalds through the window at the drive threw...
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote