KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by asthmamax11 View Post
So the alternatives to upgrading the in tank low side pump so far are:

Auxiliary system

Methanol

Port injection?
Port Injection does not alleviate the need for a low side upgrade. It doesn't matter if it's PI, DI or both combined. The low side feeds whatever is upstream, and you will eventually need a more capable low side depending on how much power you want to make.

I think you are confused by Laynlo's post on his setup. The port Injection is allowing him to run more Ethanol since he is no longer high side limited. He is now low side limited and will eventually run out if he keeps pushing the power higher.

We are both at similar power levels and hence why we can run a stock low side with JMS. My high side is more limited than his but is still plenty for where I am at. E72 isn't gaining much of anything over E60. So, if your power goals are 700 whp or less with Ethanol, you can do it with a LT4 low side and JMS setup. High side can be Port Injection or +30 injectors with LPE DI pump.

I wouldn't use Methanol injection for supplemental fueling. For added cooling and not relying on it as added fuel, then sure.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote