Thread: WeaponX 1000
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 07:20 AM   #12
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I have similar setup for my Edelbrock. Drives normal there are few hick ups at 1st that has to do with when to activate the injectors and how much fuel once its dialed in its perfect. You would never ever know that your running 2 types of injectors and 2 computers.

Plumbing

Basically your going to tap the tank muck like the DSX setup However, the pump will be quite a bit larger and it will be setup return style with a regulator. Some shops like crawford want you to use a T fitting to tie into the DI and port side. My tuner prefers to just use the aux pump strictly for the port. The port setup is return style with a Fuel pressure regulator and a line that goes back to the tank or T fitting that connects by the pump to return the fuel. Next will be how its delivered into the motor.****SEE PHOTOS*** In my case there were provisions in the blower that are drilled out for the port injectors to install into they are held down by a common LS fuel rail and L shape bracket. Weapon X welds bungs I believe to the whipple to installs injectors. I believe my tuner has had bad luck with leaks on a few of his setups. Most all the other blowers will use Spacers that fit between the blower and head and are drilled basically sideways. My tune isn't a fan of this either but they work but every one knows its better to squirt fuel down on the valves just like the Edelbrock or high dollar manifold you would use in a Procharger setup.

A mo better way lol is the Fore tripple intank that requires no tapping of the tank but its 2x the cost and 2x the labor.

Electronics..

Holley, Motec, or Haltec will be needed to control the port fuel injectors and some type of wideband sensor. There are a few setups like crawfords that has so many inputs (remember there are system designed to run the whole car if needed but all we need is to run the port) that if not installed properly it look like a huge mess.

Tuning:

You will need to find someone that knows his/her stuff and can do this type of tuning. for example.. Make sure you do some back ground checking with people that have experience with this type of setup. A Jannetty would be a no go.. Alex Pietz, Sorian, and few others do this all the time.

If your trying to save a few thousand this is the way to go if your pockets are limitless the XDI all DI would be better. lets face it you have a camaro not a 1320 twin turbo lambo so I assume this is the best option for all that want to make past 1000 safely and reliably.
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote