View Single Post
Old 12-24-2021, 01:05 AM   #3
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
UPDATE2

Quite frankly I have gotten a little addicted to the look of these CARBONADDON pieces. I added a FEW more pieces you see pictured below.

I WILL be adding some small LOWER dash pieces. I WILL NOT be adding the LARGE dash piece as in my opinion it is a little OVERWHELMING and to me has a PLASTIC look.

In the next few days I will post up the OUTSIDE rearview mirror covers and the DOLPHIN FIN cover on the roof as well as the large pieces in the doors that have cutouts for the accent lighting.

Sometimes it appears to me that I am posting om behalf of myself only but if it helps only ONE person that it's worth the effort to me. ALOT of these options for our cars can become VERY expensive and quite frankly I dont mind spending the money 2-3 times over to get what I consider to be the RIGHT look which I know is purely an individual assessment.

I ORIGINALLY had doubts for example in getting the dolphin fin and outside mirror carbon fiber pieces because I like the DARTH VADAR look of the car (you youngins call it gangsta look or murdered out LOL). But the BLACK carbon fiber lends itself to blending in yet flashing when the light hits it at a certain angle so we will see what THAT looks like.

The FRONT splitter on my car was also CARBON fiber and I LIKED the look but it wasnt practical for track use because it was too easily damaged if you ever went off the track in a 2 wheel or 4 wheel fashion which I will do occassionally. I replaced the lip spoiler THREE times before I decided to paint it a HAMMERTONE black so that it could easily be cosmetically repaired. Now the CARBON FIBER DOES look better but it just wasnt practical. That is also why I would never do carbon fiber lower side valance pieces because they TOO can be easily damaged when tracking.

Anyhow, end of lecture. Bottom line is do what looks right to YOU. Dont be too concerned about what other people think.
Attached Images

https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10

Last edited by sr71bb; 12-28-2021 at 10:06 PM.
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote